Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Great Products = Lots of Pictures!

I woke up this morning and started getting hungry so I ate the last blueberry oat bar. I need to make these again this weekend.


On the way to work I munched on 1/4 cup of Udi's Granola, that I measured out into a snack bag. Yesterday I just received a package in the mail with a bunch of different flavors of Udi's Granola, and today I had the Cranberry. This actually filled me up pretty well. Until I had a sample from my grocery store a week ago, I had never heard of Udi's. Apparently it is also a restaurant and bakery in Denver, Colorado. The ingredients in the Cranberry are: Thick-Cut Rolled Oats, Wildflower Honey, Dried Cranberries, Canola Oil, and Walnuts. I've never made homemade granola, but my guess is that this is much closer to tasting homemade than other granola on the market. Also included in my package was a recipe for Udi's Granola Chocolate Chip Cookies, which I may try to make in the next couple of days.

At work I ate the berries that I was going to eat with my granola, but instead ate in the car. Overall this wasn't a big enough breakfast (oat bar only had 100 calories, granola 120 calories, 1 cup of berries about 50 calories). Normally my breakfast is about 350 calories. So I think my smaller than usually breakfast is the reason I am still hungry while I type this.


I was in meetings all morning and ate lunch at 12:40. I packed hummus, tomato, and romaine lettuce on a Ezekiel english muffin. I had too much lettuce and tomato so I ate the extra on the side with a little salt.

While eating my sandwich I was reading the post on Jenn's blog and saw her Starbucks trip and instantly craved it, so about 10 minutes after my sandwich was done and I made sure I was still hungry I walked to Starbucks and got the Grande Mocha Light Frap.


Around 4:15pm I started getting hungry so I ate the three Back to Nature Classic Creme cookies that were tucked away in my desk drawer. These tasted so good, but didn't do much to curb my hunger.

I got home about 6:20pm and while my husband and I got dinner ready I snacked on a handful of baked tostitos.

For dinner we had a pack of Rising Moon Creamy Artichoke & Olive Ravioli which was Vegan. The packet has two servings at 240 calories each. I really have loved all of Rising Moon's Raviolis that I have tried. My husband loves them too and would have no idea that they are Vegan. I am really sad though because I think my Whole Foods has stopped carrying these, so now I need to find them someplace else!

We covered the Ravioli in Newman's Own Sauce (we added fresh mushrooms and Morningstar Crumbles to the sauce). We add Morningstar Crumbles to so many of our dishes, but it has never let us down! On the side we had a salad.

After dinner I had one of these for dessert (it jumped into my cart at Target). I loved it, because 1) it was portioned controlled and 2) I love Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!



After dinner and my dessert I went to my hour Pilates class, and I could really feel my abs working hard. Pilates ended at 9pm and then I had to stop and pick up a card for my brother in law's graduation from his Nursing Program. Steve and I are attending a lunch tomorrow at his University. I am just sneaking out of work from 11am - 1pm. Hopefully they have something healthy and vegetarian. When I finally got home around 9:40pm, I started to get hungry again, so I had a bowl of grapes.

Wow that was a lot of pictures for one day!! Now it is way past my bed time!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ive been wanting to try that cookiedough sundae! now that i hear you enjoyed it, i will :)

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to see that you were inspired by one of my posts :o) That really makes me smile!

I've been wanting to try that Rising Moon ravioli. I pass by it every time I'm in Whole Foods!

And I also need to search harder for those Smart Ones desserts. I've seen them on several blogs now - I want to join in on the cookie dough fun!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Great new products, for sure!! But I must say, I'm most interested in those luscious strawberries and grapes (no surprise there, haha) ;0)

Anon said...

i love those smart ones desserts. cookie dough is so delicious i used to eat it by the spoonful when i was younger haha.

HangryPants said...

I can't remember if I've commented before, if not - Hi, I am Heather.

You are a lucky girl, that granola looks fab.

Anonymous said...

Great product reviews! I've always been curious about the Smart Ones desserts and have checked out the Rising Moon Ravioli, but never bought it. Looking forward to trying them now :)

Unknown said...

I wish I wasn't allergic to artichokes :0(...The ravioli dinner looks delicious! Ah, I hope you get the chance to stop by Spiral on your way home!! I'll definitely have another post about it soon...hopefully with better pictures, haha. Congrats again on your brother in law's graduation...did you end up buying him the stethoscope?

Anonymous said...

I bet a little bit more protien would have been just right for that breakfast, maybe? Seems to be helping me lately. That granola sounds yummy though, and a short list of ingredients always me feel good when I'm eating a new product!! I bet choco chip will be scrumptious. :) hehe

And I really want to try those Smart One's desserts! I hear they are amazing! And again, wahoo for grapes (for dessert, or any meal!)...gotta LOVE THEM.

Have a happy happy Friday Aimee!

Aimee said...

Allison: Rising Moon makes a few other flavors of ravioli that don't include artichoke, so you should look for those. Yes we did get the stethoscope and I think he liked it a lot. Thanks for asking!!