Monday, July 21, 2008

Dirty Water = Wasted Oatmeal

I had packed some oatmeal for breakfast, but then not thinking about an email I had received at work I added water from the sink faucet and it was very brown. We had gotten an email warning us about dirty water but I guess I ignored it. I felt that it was most likely unsafe to drink. So all I had left was 6 sliced strawberries and a 110 calorie bag of chocolate rice cakes. The chocolate rice cakes were super sweet for the morning and didn't fill be up at all.




So I had to think about what I could buy. I have an Au Bon Pain in my building and knew they served hot oatmeal. So I had a regular sized oatmeal and added raisins, slivered almonds, and a little granola. It was really good and really filling. I checked the website and it claims they just use water to cook their oatmeal.





Lunch was at the Fish Market with another attorney and two summer associates. I couldn't take a picture but I had the same meal I always have at the Fish Market: Vegetable Sushi. (Picture from a previous trip to the Fish Market) I also had a cup of miso to start.



I took a break from work to go to the gym, I did 25 minutes on the stair climber and 10 min on the Elliptical.

For dinner I had some kashi crackers while making dinner (about one serving but no picture because I was grabbing them out of the box while taking care of the puppy). Then I microwaved some fresh cauliflower, morningstar meatless chicken strips, a bag of Birds Eye steamfreah brown rice. I love using this brown rice, the bag is 2 servings and it is done in 4 minutes. I mixed up 1 cup of the rice, the cauliflower and the chicken strips with Annie's Goddess Dressing, and it was a great filling meal. I would have added freshly cut tomatoes for color but we were out, so sorry for the boring looking food, I promise it tastes great.

I also had some of the left over frozen yogurt cake that had fallen apart on the ride home with the 90 degrees weather. This is in an old Rainbow Brite plastic bowl that must be 20 years old, I should have taken a picture of the bottom of the bowl.



I am skipping Pilates tonight and may do some weights on the exercise ball with Steve because he left his MBA class early tonight (it is his last week of summer classes).

6 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine said...

OOOoo there's such thing as chocolate coated rice cake?! Yummy!! The bag looks really big by the way, I can't believe it's 110 cal only!

Your oatmeal in a cup is TOO cute, looks really delicious though - LOVE your choice of toppings!

Yum! I love sushi - they are so awesome!! I'm yet to find a restaurant that uses brown rice instead of white though!

Oh man, I'm so going to adopt a puppy when I get back from my trip at the end of the year ... seeing pictures of your ADORABLE puppy makes me so jealous! :0)

By the way, that rice dish sounds really good to me!! Sometimes photos just don't do much justice ;0)

Anonymous said...

wow you have an Au Bon Pain in your building? i'm super jealous!

Trying To Heal said...

glad you were able to find an alternative to your bfast disaster with the water! that sucks! but your oatmeal still looks good!

and your dessert looks awesome!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Mmm, oatmeal :0)

Unknown said...

Sorry about your oatmeal mess! At least you found a yuuummy substitute! That cake looks beyond gorgeous...Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a great celebration night tonight!! :0)

Anonymous said...

Ugh, sorry about the dirty water! At least you got some good looking made-for-you oatmeal to make up for it!!