Saturday, February 28, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
- I have a brother who stuck a raspberry in his ear and ended up in the hospital for a week because of it. I have another brother who stuck an eraser up his nose and forgot it was there until a doctor found it.
- I didn't wear glasses until my senior year of college, now I'm basically blind without them.
- I waited in line outside a bookstore in Oxford, England at midnight to get the fourth Harry Potter Book. I was spending a year studying there, and some of my friends convinced me to go. I don't think I even ever finished reading that book!!!
- I met Jenny McCarthy, and she signed a pair of shoes and a hat for me. She told me I was a very sweet sister because I had the hat signed for my older brother. I knew I was a great sister, but it was nice for Jenny to reaffirm that fact.
- I haven't ate meat since I was 11. My brothers are to thank for this. Who knows what I would be like if they hadn't made mooing sounds as I tried to eat meat as a child.
- I wish that I was a personal trainer and not a lawyer. I would be a nice version of Jillian Michaels, although, she is most likely so famous because she yells.
- Sometimes I close myself in a bathroom and put on my ipod, hold a brush in my hand and pretend that I'm on stage. One time I was doing this in our bedroom. I didn't close the door, and because of my loud ipod I didn't hear Steve come up the steps, so my secret was discovered!!
- I celebrated my 13th birthday in Paris, my 14th birthday in the United Kingdom, and my 16th birthday at student council camp. But I always hated having a summer birthday, because I never got to bring a treat to school for my birthday.
- I had a benign tumor removed from my ear during my third year of law school. The tumor destroyed three hearing bones that had to be replaced with prosthetic bones. Because of this surgery I can never swim or put my head under water again. I used to swim laps in the pool, 3 days a week and a mile each time. At least I didn't lose my hearing and it wasn't cancerous.
- I took gymnastics the entire summer before college to prepare for college cheerleading tryouts, only to break my elbow doing a back handspring a few weeks before my freshman year. My mom thinks me breaking my elbow was the best thing to happen to me, because she doubts I would have graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 3.9 gpa if I had been a cheerleader. I'm starting to think it wasn't such a blessing, because if I didn't graduate with a 3.9 I would not have become a lawyer, which it turns out is not much fun.
- I'm a huge homebody. I would rather play scrabble and watch a movie on a weekend night then go out. I would rather make a home cooked meal than go out to a restaurant.
- Despite being a homebody, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to travel, I really start to get irritated when I haven't left Pittsburgh in more than a few months.
Okay I'm tired and need sleep. Have a great night!!
I forgot my camera when I left the house yesterday, so I don't have a post with all my meals. But, I thought I would highlight two items that I ate and loved.
For lunch I had Meatless Meatballs from Trader Joe's. I love these. My husband likes them a lot too. Yesterday I had a serving with a few cut up tomatoes and diced fresh chives. I loved how the fresh tomatoes and chives tasted warmed up with the meatless meatballs.
I ran 4 miles while watching the Biggest Loser last night, and on the way home from the gym I picked up a little treat. I had planned on having a VitaMuffin, but I decided that I wanted a bite of ice cream to go with it. I usually buy the Edy's Slowchurned, but really that stuff has many ingredients that I don't understand. So I decided to splurge on a pint of real ice cream. I bought Green & Black's organic ice cream, because I love Green & Black's chocolate so I figure this wouldn't disappoint. This pint cost $4.99 so it was a bit of a splurge in price and calories.
Here is what my treat looked like. I was so satisfied after that ice cream on my plate and didn't even want more. I think that the fact that it was real ice cream made me savor it more. I would highly recommend this ice cream. I can't wait to try the chocolate ice cream from Green & Black's, because it is made with dark chocolate.
Also go head over to For the Love of Oats and wish Lindsay a great 1 year of blogging and enter to win some prizes!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Around 11 am I had a morning snack of a Hot'n Healthy Pure Protein bar. I have been looking for the chocolate chip brand of these, but no luck yet.
The top of this picture should say "Breakfast". I had a smoothie (pictures later tonight) that had a ton of ingredients, so that is why there are so many things under breakfast. Additionally, it allows you to add meals, so I added a morning snack, because I try to eat smaller meals every 3 hours, instead of 3 large meals.
Okay on to that tread. First, I am a crazy emotional eater. I've been stressed about some things lately (the major item being work security, because we were put on notice that there will be associate layoffs, possibly by the end of March). Secondly, I tend to eat not enough some days, and then too much to the point that I feel ill other days. I'm hoping that by logging my meals, I can maybe avoid emotional eating and eat around the same amount of calories daily. Finally, I am scheduled to run in two 1/2 marathons (one in March and one in May) so I want to know that I'm fueling correctly for those races.
If you have never visited SparkPeople, I would highly recommend stopping over there. Even if you don't need or want to track your calories, it has great articles and wonderful recipes.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Your tofu looks great! I'd love to try that sauce on some tofu or tempeh.
Tiffany P said...
I've been seeing this sauce everywhere! Would love to try it! Hopefully I'll win!! I luv ur blog by the way!
Ariel and Tiffany, send me an email with your address and I will send it to Country Bob's!
Last night I got two boxes: One was an order of Vitamuffins that I ordered and the second was a package from the wonderful Gina at the Fitnessista. Look at all these goodies!!
I had to rip open a bag of macaroons right away! They were just as amazing as everyone has said. My husband even said "We need to get you a dehydrator so you can start making these." He was just as impressed as I was. I was also excited to find two bars that I have never tried before. I have not tried the Goji berry bar (shaped like heart) yet, but I can't wait to try it!
Here is a close up of the packaged macaroons. Gina packed them so well :)
I already had two last night and two this morning :) My husband even thinks the blog world is pretty wonderful after receiving this package!! Thanks Gina!
I will do a post this weekend to tell you all more about my Vitamuffin package including a comparison to the Fiber One Muffins I bought last weekend.
Have a great Friday!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Here is a close up of the granola:
I also loved that (even after shipping) there were large chunks of granola. When I'm snacking on granola I like being able to pick out a few big chunks.
Also, don't forget to comment on my post here to try to win some County Bob's Sauce.
Monday, February 16, 2009
I found these goodies in the pantry:
I drained the beans before throwing them in the crock pot, but everything else I just tossed in as it. The parsley wasn't from the pantry, that is in the fridge. I cut up a few pieces of parsley and threw it in a pan to saute with these veggies:
Saturday I went to Sam's Club and found these Fiber One muffins in the freezer section.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
It looked like the hearts were bloody :)
Friday, February 13, 2009
I already tasted some of the dark chocolate, which is one of my favorite brands (Green and Black's).
Close up of the bars:
Happy Friday :)
Thursday, February 12, 2009
The flavor Victoria sent me was Perfect Pumpkin. I loved it. I have never tried this bar before and I was really impressed with it. The ingredients in Perfect Pumpkin include: Pumpkin Seeds, Honey, Dates, Raisins, Apricots, Cranberries, Crisped Rice, Puffed Amaranth, and Salt.
I loved that the sugar count was only 3 grams.
There are 13 different flavors, and I can't wait to try the other kinds. I don't know if any are without Honey and therefore Vegan, but they all are labeled Gluten Free.
Thanks Victoria for introducing me to such a yummy snack!
Has anyone ever tried this bar? Which flavors have you tried?
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
For Steve's birthday I made reservations at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant in the Paris Hotel and Casino. It is in the Eiffel Tower and we got a window seat, so we were able to watch over the Bellagio fountains.
In addition to the dessert we shared, the restaurant brought this out for Steve. It was a mouse of some type I think.
We also shared a bottle of wine that I didn't take a picture of. This restaurant was WONDERFUL. It was the best meal that I have in a long time, but it was very pricey.
Friday, February 6, 2009
See you Monday night for a recap of my Vegas trip! Have a great weekend foodies.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
For a morning snack I had a tbsp of Almond Butter and an apple. Speaking of almond butter, check our Hangry Pants' contest to win some!!
For the second half of dinner (the Luna counting as the first half) I had a Boca burger on an Arnold's sandwich thin. I had hummus and soy cheese on the sandwich too.