Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I love making lunchables.

Yes I am almost 26, and yes I like making mini sandwiches (i.e. stacking cracker, veggie pepperoni, and soy cheese) for my lunch as though I am in elementary school, but more on that later.


I began my day with a 4.6 mile walk at 14.50 min/mile. It was very humid and the air was so heavy to breath in, but it was still nice to be outside.

I was super hungry for breakfast when I got back, so I ate before showering (usually I get ready, go to work and then eat at my desk). I had a nice fruit salad and stopped on the drive to work for a nonfat mocha.




My stomach began to growl around 10:30 so I had a Crunchy Kashi Chocolate Caramel Bar, I like these a lot and they really hold my hunger off for a while.

I ate lunch around 12:30, and as the post mentions, I made myself a lunchable. It included Smart Deli (meatless) Pepperoni, soy cheese from a deli (so no clue of the brand), kashi crackers, baby carrots, and some tomatoes. I love when I make this lunch, it is a great variety and so much fun!





I love sliced tomato with a little salt.









Around 4pm I needed a snack, so I ate more fruit salad. I made extra when I was making my breakfast.



I didn't get home until 7:15 and was really hungry and knew dinner would take a little while to make, so I had one serving (11) pretzel crisps (from Sam's Club).

Tonight for dinner I made Tofu and Vegetable Fried Rice. I had a ton of left over brown rice and a lot of extra cut up vegetables from a veggie tray from our party on July 5th. I began by boiling water to cook the vegetables. I sprayed a small frying pan with Pam and heated up 2 of Helen's Kitchen Tofu Steaks (I love these, good flavor and great for a quick stir fry).

When the vegetables were done, I drained them and set them aside. Then, I put about 1 tbsp of olive oil in the pan along with fresh minced garlic and chopped scallions. I waited a minute or so and then added all of the cold (but previously cooked) rice into the pan. I added low sodium soy salt, low sodium ginger sauce, and some sushi vinegar. I stirred for a few minutes and then created a empty hole in the middle of the rice to scramble two eggs. Once the eggs were done I mixed the rice and eggs together. I then added the steamed vegetables and cooked and cut up Tofu Steaks with some more sauce. After the veggies were heated and had absorbed the sauce I knew the fried rice was done.



Here was my portion with some sparkling water with lime.



This dinner tasted so good, and was a great way to use up left over rice that seems to be really hard. There is a lot of this fried rice left over, so you will have to see it again soon!!

Have a great night all!

3 comments:

Meg said...

I am sooo excited to have found your blog! I am studying law currently and am also a fairly health conscious person! Everything looks yummy...looking forward to reading your new blog!

Aimee said...

Thanks so much meghan! I thought this blog was a great way for my mind to take a break from law sometimes and do something I enjoy:) If you ever have any questions about anything including the practice of law you can feel free to email me!!

Anonymous said...

t's such a great site. imaginary, quite intriguing!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony Mozgowe[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://www.mygen.pl/zdrowie,i,uroda/opony,s,2049/]opony[/url]