Sunday, July 6, 2008

Party Time!

Today my husband and I were busy from 7:30 am until 4 pm when guest were scheduled to arrive. We had cleaning, yard work, shopping, and cooking to do. We had hoped to get in a run, but I guess our exercise was the cleaning and preparing for the party. The only time I sat down was to drive to the store to get food.

For breakfast, after about an hour of cleaning, I had two pieces of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread once slice included 1/2 tbsp Peanut Butter & Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl and 1/2 of banana. The other slice had 1/2 tbsp of Cinnamon Raisin Swirl and 1 tbsp of raspberry preserves. So tasty and the Ezekiel bread really keeps me well fueled.


For lunch, because we were running around to Target, Sam's Club, and Giant Eagle, I grabbed a Cherry Pie Larabar and while at Target (they have a Starbucks inside the store) I got a Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino Light. The Grande has only 140 calories. While I try to eat as natural and unprocessed as possible, these are a weakness of mine. I think the Cherry Pie larabar is one of my favorite flavors. Although I have only tried four or five of the flavors so far. I just saw on Larabar's website that they have a new flavor peanut butter cookie, this sounds so up my alley and I can't wait to try it. Has anyone found this flavor yet?

The party started at 4pm and we had plenty of food. The cute sandcastle picture on the counter is Sangria, it was a hit with everyone, I didn't try it. I kept it an alcohol free night and drank Perrier with a slice of lime all night. Also set out in this picture was a veggie tray, hummus, pretzel crisps, baked tostitos and a Mexican dip that my brother-in-law made.

I had one plate of snacks before dinner. I had some baked tostitos, a piece of cauliflower, a few pretzel crisps, about 1 tbsp hummus and carrots.

For dinner we made fajitas. My husband did the grilling and he made chicken, london broil, and on my half of the grill he made portobello mushrooms and a new product for me Yves meatless lemon herb chicken skewers. I had one, the package comes with two, one skewer has 100 calories and 15 grams of protein. They are very very chewy which makes them hard to eat on a fajita, because when I took a bite of the fajita the tortilla came off but the chicken was still attached in the rest of the tortilla. The flavor was pretty good, but I'm not sure that I would buy these again.

Here is my plate of dinner with one tortilla with the yves meatless chicken taken off the stick, 1/2 of a grilled portobello mushroom, a few tablespoons of salsa, a tbsp of guacamole, and some sauteed peppers and onions (my husband made these on the stove top). I made the long grained brown rice in our rice cooker and added salsa to give it a Mexican feel. Also I made my mom's bean salad recipe from yesterday. So next to my fajita is about a 1/2 cup of my rice and 1/2 cup of the bean salad.

For dessert I made a fruit salad with grapes, strawberries, watermelon and pineapple. I also made the angel food cake that my mom made yesterday at 4th of July. It was the first time I made it and it really was so easy and everyone enjoyed it. One of my friends brought chocolate chip cookies and mini cupcakes. I had a slice of the angel food cake (see yesterday's picture for size) and about an hour later I had a bowl of fruit.


My serving of fruit:




Around 9:30 after everyone had left and we had cleaned up all the dishes, I was feeling really hungry, so I had another plate of veggies, hummus, pretzels, and baked tostitos:

I'll be back tonight with Sunday's food and activities. Have a great day!!

No comments: