Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies

My meals have been BORING, which is not good for a food blog. Yesterday I had PB&J for breakfast, oatmeal for lunch, grapes, Annie's Mac and Cheese for dinner. I think I have tired of Mac and Cheese, so maybe that will help get me out of this food rut. It is so hard for me to switch things up when I'm busy. I had planned on making a yummy stir fry last night, but that will have to wait for tonight.
Because my meals were so boring, and I felt badly making you look at them, I'm going to show you the cookies I made over the weekend.


Here is the recipe (which makes over 50 cookies):

1.5 cups Peanut Butter (I used natural no salt or sugar added)
1 cup Smart Balance light
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
6 tablespoons skim milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Sugar to roll the cookies in
1 bag of Hot Cocoa Hershey Kisses


Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat peanut butter and smart balance with mixer. Add sugars and beat well. Add egg, milk and vanilla and beat. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt, and then gradually add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture, beating until blended. Shape into balls and roll balls in sugar. Finally place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (this makes baking so much easier). I think my cookies baked for about 10 minutes, but just watch the first tray and look for the bottom of the cookie to slightly brown.


These turned out so good. I was worried with using the Smart Balance Light, but they taste great.

Off to get ready for work.

8 comments:

Trying To Heal said...

love those kinds of cookies...everyone laughs when i eat them because i always have the kiss first, then the cookie!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

CLASSIC!!! They look delish.

Anonymous said...

Ooh wow yours look great! And so much healthier than the ones I made :o) I should use Smart Balance next time if you say they still taste great! I was too scared this time because my mom always likes to make fun (in a nice way, of course, haha) of my "healthy" recipes!

I hope you have a GREAT holiday, Aimee. And that it gets a bit less busy for you soon!

TonyP said...

OK, I'm hungry now.

Anonymous said...

those look like the perfect holiday cookies

HangryPants said...

They look wonderful! I am the same way with boring food when I am busy. Oops. :D

Anonymous said...

Those cookies are so cute!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AMY!!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Mmmmm cookies... although ya can't go wrong with pb&j or oatmeal either!