Monday, August 4, 2008

Unhealthy Lawyer!

Last night Blogger was having an internal error and I couldn't upload my pictures. My throat still hurts but I have still been eating as normal.


Breakfast was Chocolate Covered Cherry Oatmeal. I used 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup of canned pitted cherries (no sugar added), 2/3 cup unsweetened almond breeze and a little more water as needed. I also mixed in a yogurt. This picture doesn't look the best, but it really was so good.





Lunch (because my throat hurt) was a GNC Peanut Butter Surprise Smoothie from the GNC Smoothie Bar. It included Chocolate soy milk, peanut butter, banana, and some GNC smoothie mix. No picture because I drank it walking around town with Steve and threw it away without thinking before going back to work. It was a 20 ounce smoothie.


Part two of my lunch was back at the office...a Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar. Whole Foods finally had them in and it was so worth the wait. Mine was cold from being in the work fridge, but that didn't change the flavor. I really thought it tasted like a Peanut Butter Cookie. I was really full after this and the shake.

Around 4pm I left work because I was feeling sick and when I got home I had a bowl of grapes.


For dinner I tried Amy's Gluten Free Cheese Pizza with Rice Crust. It was different but it still tasted good. I added some broccoli and mushrooms.


While the pizza cooked I ate some baked tostitos (not pictured) and carrots with Annie's Dressing.

Here is the picture of my pizza. I resorted to a habit I have, because Steve wasn't home to sit down with me, and I ate this pizza standing up (that is why I picture is still on the pan). The full pizza serves three so I had about 1.5 servings since I ate half of the pizza.

I am not a big juice drinker, but because my throat was feeling so sore, I decided that I would have some but I mixed it with sparkling mineral water. I used 1/2 cup Naked juice and 3/4 cup of mineral water. This was so good and may become a drink for even when I'm not sick.

Off to work, later than I had hoped. See you all tonight!!

Quick Question: I am stressed that I haven't worked out since Friday because I haven't felt well, what do you do (if anything) for exercise when you are sick?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tag, you're it. See my blog for details!


http://whatiateyesterday.wordpress.com/

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Chocolate Covered Cherry Oatmeal??? Oooh, yum!! Oh and the Peanut Butter Cookie flavor Larabar is my new favorite flavor :0)

When I'm sick, I take it easy with working out - just doing simple stretches, walking, strength-training (light) - gotta let the body rest and heal!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. When I am feeling sick, but still functioning I usually go to the gym and just walk on the tread mill as to not deplete all my energy.

Fitnessista said...

that chocolate covered cherry oatmeal looks delicious!!
when i'm sick, i usually just go for a long walk and take it super easy with weights.

lizzy said...

Sore throats are the worst!! i hope you feel better! atleast you got to leave work early and play with the puppy..who i am sure will not get as big as tucker, because i just looked at her pics and her legs look shorter than his did at that age. rest up and feel better!!

Mark Salinas said...

feel better! I like your site!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked the PB cookie Larabar! I can't wait until they get into stores near me.

I looove mixing juice with club soda! I haven't done that for quite a while now, but it tastes so refreshing! I'm going to get some at the store this weekend - thanks for reminding me!

I tend to do a light cardio workout when I'm sick, just because otherwise I think I feel even worse. But I don't do strength training or anything like that.

Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

You should try to add some carob powder to your oatmeal... I love the combo with the cherries it really is greAT! I was going to buy the larabar (pb) but I am not a fan of PB flavored foods but I do love PB!
I try to get a walk in when I am not feeling good or cant work out or just do more moving around in the day like just even getting up more than usual.

Feel better!

Anonymous said...

I know you're feeling better, but here's what I do when I'm sick: light yoga, walks, stretching, and honestly, sometimes I don't change anything! If I can push myself through a normal workout I feel like I'm sweating out the bad stuff!

Laura said...

Your oatmeal sounds delicious! I've heard about the pb larabar and I'm hoping it comes to Canada soon!!