Sunday, September 21, 2008

Best Cookies Ever!!

I didn't get to blog about my meals Friday or Saturday, but really nothing too interesting there, so I'll just get to the good stuff.....


So I finally got to do some baking!


My husband and I had picked up some black and gold M&M's to make cookies. I was trying to find the perfect recipe to use these in. Well I found a recipe in Dreena Burton's eat, drink, and be vegan, and it was fabulous. They were her "You Got Peanut Butter in My Chocolate" Cookies. However I made some changes. I used whole wheat pastry flour instead of spelt flour and I didn't use the cocoa powder, so they weren't chocolate cookies. Using the M&M's made them no longer Vegan.


Here is a picture:



I can't describe how good these were. I loved the agave nectar and maple syrup in them. So good!

I have to go to work today : ( So hopefully I will post again tonight. Thanks everyone for all of your wonderful comments this past week! I always look forward to my blogging, even with my long days at work!

14 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

GORGEOUS COOKIES!!!!!!!! Yum.

Here's vegan M&M's for ya:

http://www.economycandy.com/store/search.aspx?SID=1&



Ahh, hang in there with work today!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Wait, I just checked the link, and it doesn't work (boo!). GO to that site though, and search "chocolate lentils."

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh, the cookies sound soooo good! And look yummy too! I think I may have to bake this week... particularly something peanut buttery, mmmm :)

Anonymous said...

THOSE LOOK GREAT! i need to make healthy cookies for my nutrition class party... maybe i will look into making these!

Anonymous said...

Those look beautiful! Sorry you have to work today, Aimme! :( I hope you brought a couple cookies with you to help things along.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to try your version of that cookie recipe! They look deliiiicious! Sorry that you have to go into work today, but I hope it's a nice day anways!! :0)

Rose said...

Aw, Steelers colors - great idea. I'll have to bake a batch of those for my family when I visit my parents next!

Caitlin said...

here we go steelers!!!

HangryPants said...

I think it's so cool that there are black and yellow m&ms available at a store. I guess there are patriots m&ms, but they're red, white and blue, which doesn't seem as exciting.

Also, I do this all the time, so it's completely hilarious to me - you said you followed that one recipe, but then changed almost everything about it! I do that allll the time. I like to say I was "inspired by" the recipe. :)

ChickPea said...

What a great idea--combining awesome vegan cookies with Steelers love:)

Anonymous said...

You sound like me, starting with a "recipe" and then mixing it up in all different ways till it becomes your own :-)
Hope you made it through work yesterday - I hate having to work on weekends since it makes it seem like the whole week is just one big blob without any break, even if part of the weekend is free. Hope yours wasn't too stressful.

Little Miss Sunshine said...

WOW awesome cookies you got there! Yum!!! I <3 cookies hehehe, it's so CUTE that you bought black and gold m&m's .... oh no! now I have that 'Black and Gold' song stuck in muh head!! Heard of it?! ;0)

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Mmmmm anything chocolate and peanut butter sounds delish to me! Well, anything chocolate, really ;o)

Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Love the cookies! I'm from the area (live a state over now) and am currently waiting for my husband to finally order satellite so I can get the Pens games!