Friday, March 6, 2009

Wheat free snacks

I am a Girls on the Run coach this Spring and one of my girls is Gluten Free. As a coach I am responsible for bringing a healthy snack for the girls each practice (Monday and Wednesday nights until the end of May).

I brought organic fruit strips last Wednesday. But I want to have as many different snacks as possible. I don't want to single this girl out, so I want to always bring Gluten Free snacks. I have some ideas. But if anyone can help me think of some, I would be very thankful. I am sure that VeggieGirl will be especially helpful :)

Here is an explanation about Girls on the Run:

Girls on the Run® is a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running. Our curricula address all aspects of girls' development - their physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual well-being.

I have a yummy meal planned this weekend, so hopefully it is a success and it turns into a great blog post.

Also last night for dinner I had a creation that was inspired by the Chocolate Covered Vegan - Katie. I will post pictures and talk about that tonight!!

10 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I'm sure other people will be more helpful, but I'd say that if you have a whoole foods near you, check out the gluten-free section. I know the one at my whole foods is HUGE!

Excited to see what you made :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

That sounds like such a wonderful program!!

Rose said...

That's really cool that you're a coach in that program.

HangryPants said...

I am going to be a coach too. We have our first meeting in a couple weeks!

You could bring fruit and peanut butter.

Mom on the Run said...

They have some great gluten free healthy "chips", bars, and crackers. Whole Foods and trader joes will be a great resource for you.

Anonymous said...

Blog lurker here - in a non-creep way though. heheh I just wanted to say, oh WOW your veggie shephards pie looks REALLy good. I might be adventurous one day and make it for my boyfriend and try to convert him into a veggie lover!!! (He's a TOTAL carnivore) :)

You've got a great blog here!! I'm totally enjoying your posts!!

CDM said...

Sounds like a great program. Some gluten free ideas are:
* fresh fruit
* nut thins (crackers) and string cheese
* celery, peanut butter, raisins
* trail mix
* popcorn
* glutino pretzels (although a little pricey)
* buy pamela's baking mix and make muffins (they freeze really easily so you could make a big batch and thaw as needed)

I hope this helps! It is just important when buying products that you always check the ingredients list. Manufacturer's loooove to through in a little gluten where it is least expected (such as twizzlers, I just discovered)

Anonymous said...

healthylawyer.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/ganardinero.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]Estas necesitando informacion sobre como ganar dinero[/b]
Hemos encontrado la mejor pagina web en internet de como ganar dinero desde casa. Como nos ha sido de interes para nosotros, tambien les puede ser de interes para ustedes. No son solo metodos de ganar dinero con su pagina web, hay todo tipo de metodos de ganar dinero en internet...
[b][url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/dinero.jpg[/img][/url]Te recomendamos entrar a [url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/]Ganar-dinero-ya.com[/url][url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/dinero.jpg[/img][/url][/b]