Wednesday, March 25, 2009

HOLY YUM!!!

I made the most amazing baked good last night. I looked in my pantry and saw my Coconut Cream Larabars staring back at me....

I made Veggie Girl's White Chocolate Coconut Almond Blondies, although I didn't have white chocolate so they were just Coconut Almond Blondies. I also doubled the recipe because I don't have a 8 x 8 pan.

In addition to using 2 larabars in these blondies, I also used some unsweetened coconut. My milk of choice was unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Also I didn't have any nondairy yogurt so I used Fage, but I promised to bake these again using a nondairy yogurt, so they are vegan.

Thanks Veggie Girl for sharing your wonderful recipes with us. These were super moist and very flavorful. My husband really enjoyed them too!

**********

Based on my lack of certain kitchen essentials (the 8x8 pan), I thought it would be a good time to post this article from Cookware.com that suggests great kitchen gifts.

Kitchen Gifts for Your Favorite Foodie


Shopping for the friends and family members that seem to have it all can be a challenge which is why it’s important to really hone in on their hobbies or passions in life before choosing a gift. Whether the person on your gift list has little experience in the kitchen but loves trying all different kinds of food or has grown up cooking all of their lives, buying a unique kitchen tool may just be the answer to your shopping challenge. Giving an interesting kitchen accessory will allow your favorite foodie to experiment in the kitchen and enjoy a fun, new addition to their dinnerware and cookware collections.


Luckily the culinary industry is always coming out with something creative that any food enthusiast will enjoy. One example of this would be a pizza stone, a terra cotta platform used to distribute heat evenly while cooking your favorite pizzas, baking bread, or reheating leftover meals. Adding a pizza stone to your foodie’s kitchen provides a versatile tool that can be taken from the oven inside to the grill on their back porch. Another great kitchen addition to consider is a wine or bar accessory kit to complement your friend’s next dinner party. Anyone would truly appreciate a wine opener kit that includes a decorative wine stopper, pourer, or decanter.

If the food enthusiast in your life has a knack for baking anything from breakfast muffins to delicious desserts, look into unique storage containers that will hold all of their basic ingredients and complement their kitchen’s style. Perhaps they have a few baking appliances and tools hanging around their pantry but are in serious need of an accessory upgrade. For this case, check out a silicone rolling pin and pie plate package that will inspire the foodie in your life to get their delicious baked recipes started! Any addition to your friend’s kitchen not only will look wonderful but it will get them excited to start on a new recipe to cook for their friends or family.

********

Enter to win some great Newman's Own products from Erin Bee.

Get another chance to score some Annie's Bunnies at Danica's Daily.

You also have until 3pm to enter to win some Barney Butter from the Hungry Yogini.

Enjoy your day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE VG's recipes! I made some muffins last week per her reccomendation and they were WONDERFUL!

meloncauliflower said...

Hi Aimee. I just came across your site. I am also a corporate lawyer (in New York though). I love your blog - so cute. I will keep reading. Hope you can check mine out if you have a chance :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Aww yay!! Thank you so much for trying the recipe - love your variation!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

That looks great!

Danica's Daily said...

Aimiee ~ WOW those blondies look soooo good! I want some now :)

Thanks for the shout out on the Annie's contest. Good luck, good luck!

Unknown said...

These look wonderful! I need to bake more, these look so lovely.

Anonymous said...

Those sound amazing! I think the addition of the Larabars sounds CRAZY GOOD! And I'm glad you had to double the recipe. :) Yummy!

Anonymous said...

I can't bake - I'd eat the entire thing! LOL! :-) Your blondies look yummy!