Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Bunny!

We ate lunch at my mom's house yesterday, and my mom asked me to bring dessert. I wanted to make something special so the Easter Bunny was born . . .

I did use a packaged cake mix (although I mixed with egg whites and a little less oil than called for). But the icing was homemade with powdered sugar, smart balance light, vanilla, almond extract and skim milk. The colored icing was store bought as well.

The idea came from the Pillsbury Baking Website. It tasted as good as it looks.
I hope you had a Happy Easter. Have a great Monday.

11 comments:

healthyambition said...

Ahah! Cutest Easter bunny ever! I must say, it definately takes a creative mind to create something like that. You are clearly multi-talented :-)

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Ohmigosh, I love it Aimee!!

Internal Peace said...

Wow, you did an amazing job baking and decorating that cake!! It's so beautiful! I used to help my mom decorate cakes as a kid and it's so much fun!

FoodsThatFit said...

I am so impressed with your cake decorating skills! It is so cool!

VeggieGirl said...

TOO ADORABLE OF A CAKE!!

greendogwine said...

How fun! That is such a cute cake!!!

Nicole (anotheronebitesthecrust.wordpress.com) said...

Oh my gosh, its too cute!!!

burpandslurp said...

wow, so adorable!
another idea is using coconut for the white!

just me said...

that is such a great cake! so cute!

Trish said...

Cute! :-)

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM!!! YUM!!!.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com